First things first, we need to make the sauce.
- * 1-2 red chilies (Your choice depending on how spicy you like it), OR 1/2 to 1 tsp. of cayenne pepper
- 2 shallots or 1 small cooking onion
- 1 small piece of galangal OR ginger, sliced
- 3 large cloves garlic
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp. fresh nutmeg
- 3 Tbsp. fish sauce
- 1 tsp. dried turmeric OR 1 small piece fresh turmeric, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 4 fresh or frozen kaffir lime leaves, snipped into small pieces with scissors (NOTE: Discard the central stem!)
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice (or juice from 1/2 lime)
- 1 Tbsp. tomato paste + 1 tsp. sugar
Next we have the other parts of our curry.
- ½ chicken chopped into pieces
- 1 stalk lemon grass
- 2 potatoes, chopped into wedges
- 1 green and/or red bell pepper, de-seeded and sliced
- 1-2 additional kaffir lime leaves, left whole
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 loose cup fresh coriander
made adding to it the lime leaves (left whole), and the lemon grass. Stir it and cover it. You then need to bake it for 45 minutes at around 375 degrees.
After 45 minutes, take the dish out of the oven and add the potatoes, bell pepper, and cherry
tomatoes. Stir it well to mix the flavours and put it back in the oven and bake for an additional
20 minutes. It'll be done when the potatoes are soft and the chicken is well done.
NOTE: If your curry is too salty, add more lime juice. If it's too hot, add more coconut milk. If it's sour, brown sugar.